We, Salud Foodgroup Europe BV (hereafter referred as SFE), committed to protect our customer privacy and take our responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
- What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us and through your use of our website, mobile applications and online services;
- Where we obtain the data from
- What we do with that data
- How we store the data
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to
- How we deal with your data protection rights
- How we comply with the data protection rules
- All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with EU data protection laws
SFE is the “data controller” of all personal information that is collected and used regarding its customers. SFE is registered in the Netherlands with registration number K.V.K. West Brabant 20149156/V.A.T.: NL8204.01.572.B01 and registered offices at Wilhelminalaan 63, 4905 AT Oosterhout, the Netherlands.
What Personal data we collect
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, payment details and information about your access to our website.
We may collect personal data from you when you contact SFE by e-mail, fair events (giving us your business card), application forms or through our website.
- E-mail address
- (business) (mobile) Telephone number
- The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, chat service, calls, and social media
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services you have asked for in relation to the ordering and quotation process of our products;
- Contacting you with the purpose to receive information about orders or customer services related questions. These communications are not made for marketing purposes and cannot be opted-out of;
- Administrative or legal purposes: we use your data for statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, customer surveys, maintenance and development, or in order to deal with a dispute or claim;
- Security, crime prevention/detection: we may pass your information to government authorities or enforcement bodies for compliance with legal requirements;
- Customer Services communications: we use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experiences with us;
- Marketing: from time to time we will contact you with information regarding new products, promotions and ancillary products via e-communications. You will have the choice to opt in or opt out of receiving such communications by indicating your choice at the application stage. You will also be given the opportunity on every e-communication that we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing materials.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for.
In most cases we will need to process your personal data so we can start the contract with you.
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- You have consented to us using your personal data (e.g. for marketing related uses);
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person (e.g. in case of a medical emergency);
- It is in our legitimate interests in operating as an international company (e.g. for administrative purposes).
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations or to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
Security of your personal data
Sharing your personal data
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies, regulators;
- E-mail marketing service providers assisting our marketing team with running customer surveys and providing targeted marketing campaigns;
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
- Cloud service (e.g. Superoffice) or our external ICT partner. The exchange of information between SFE and these companies are encrypted and anonymous. We will try to minimize the exchange and use this only when needed.
Cookies and site tracking
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable us to recognise your browser and help us to track visitors to our site; thus enabling us to understand better the products and services that will be most suitable to you. A cookie contains your contact information and information to allow us to identify your computer when you travel around our site for the purpose of helping you understand more about our products. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you wish, you can change these browser settings by accepting, rejecting and deleting cookies. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you choose to change these settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended. The cookies we use do not detect any information stored on your computers.
For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed visit the following website: www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use tracking software as Google analytics. Google analytics use the collected statistical data completely anonymous.
Your Data Protection Rights
Your Data Protection Rights
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your SFE Privacy statement 4 particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.